I've worked at my job at a fast food restaurant for the last five years. I've seen coworkers come and go. Some I've been sad to see leave, others not so much. Right now, I have one really bad coworker. I dislike the guy. He's rude, mean, and he doesn't know when to stop messing with me. Now, we all joke around, play pranks, and scare each other sometimes, but this guy doesn't know when the jokes over. He tries to trip me, he makes obscene joke whenever I use the hose to fill up the mop bucket or whenever he makes a hotdog for a customer, and he keeps trying to ask about my love life like it's his business. I hate working with him. Fortunately, I doesn't work with him often. But here's the reason I'm posting all this here....
On Monday, he was given nearly 42 hours of work. I only get about 20 or 24 a week. I was angry. I was angry and I let the managers know it. When the told me he was filling hours for someone who couldn't make it to work this week, I was even madder. I was like, "Why give him all of those hours? Why not split them up among everyone like usual?" Part of me thought it was because he's dating one of the managers, but I don't know. Well, I was so upset and angry that I cried. I cried and dragged myself into a level of self hate that I hadn't been in a long time. I finished my work and left. When I got home, I told my parents and they were sympathetic. I'm still a little upset about it, bit I'm now upset for another reason.
I'm upset because I let myself fall into the pit again. That deep dark pit of self loathing I've struggled to get myself out of. I gave the whole thing a lot of thought I and realized my problem. I let my dislike for that coworker ruin my night and possibly my reputation at work. Last night, I apologized for what I did to the managers that were working and to some of my coworkers that were there too. When I see him next, I'll also apologize to the one who keeps giving me trouble. He doesn't deserve my respect, but he does deserve my apology.
No comments:
Post a Comment