Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Little Hope.

So much has happened last week. The Boston Marathon explosions, the Waco, Texas fertilizer plant accident, and a 6.1 earthquake near Japan. So much death, loss, and pain that seems so rampant in our world today. If you ask a religious person, they may tell you the world is ending soon, but I don't think so.

I try to look at the positive in life. It's harder to find now that I'm older and know more about the world then I did as a child, but I can find it. The positive is that people stopped to help. After the explosions at the Boston Marathon people, who had just ran the whole course, ran to get help or give blood. As long as there are people who will give of themselves to save others, there's a little hope.

When I look at me nephews and nieces, I feel like the future has a better chance then we think it does. When I talk to my oldest nephew and realize how much smarter he is then me, I feel that there's a little hope. When my nieces are drawing and coloring pictures of buildings and friends and making love notes to me and my parents, I feel that there's a little hope.

So, maybe our lives are not as hard as we make them out to be. All we need is a little hope. A little hope is more powerful than we give it credit for. So, look for your little hope and hold onto it for all it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment